Why Shakespeare in Elementary School?
2. Young students enjoy the challenge.
3. Demystifies Shakespeare and makes more formal study easier later.
4. Rich, picturesque language through riddles and puns.
5. Timeless characters.
6. Reveals the history of language.
7. Shakespeare's language is a part of our literary culture as well as today's pop culture.
8. Springboard for discussion about issues that are as relevant today as they were 400 years ago.
9. Texas ELAR curriculum requires drama study.
10. We believe in high expectations for MISD students because they...CAN.